Preventative dentistry is considered the most important part of oral health and hygiene. It is important to care for your teeth to help prevent cavities, tooth decay, gum disease, and more. We encourage our clients to visit our office every six months for the best preventative care.
However, it takes more than just visits to your dentist every six months – it takes daily care as well. Preventative care includes brushing at least two times a day and flossing daily, along with regular professional cleanings.
Tips to Keep Your Teeth Healthy and Clean:
- Brushing your teeth daily is the most important part of your dental care. Make sure to use fluoride toothpaste approved by the American Dental Association.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months to make sure there isn’t bacterial buildup. At Boutique for Cosmetic Dentistry, we provide a free toothbrush at yearly cleanings to help encourage the practice of daily brushing.
- Brushing your tongue helps freshen your breath and get rid of bacteria.
- You’ve heard the saying “floss the teeth you want to keep” and there’s so much truth to it. Floss daily to clean out any buildup or food between your teeth.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year for an exam, or more if you are having issues. The faster you receive treatment for problems, the less likely they are to become unbearable.
- Eating a balanced diet is a great way to help maintain your oral health. It gives your teeth and gums all the nutrients needed. Staying away from sugar and liquids like coffee and soda are recommended as well as they can erode enamel.
What Does Preventative Dentistry Do?
No one wants to develop dental problems, which is great motivation to follow through with preventative dentistry. In following the recommended steps, you lessen your risks for cavities, enamel loss, gingivitis, or periodontitis.
Why Preventative Dentistry?
Dentistry was one of the first branches of medicine because caring for our teeth has always been necessary. Without preventative care, teeth can decay or lead to other health issues. Some of these issues include diabetes, cancer, heart disease, or osteoporosis.
Call us to get started on your preventative care today.
Want to schedule an appointment?
Trying to find a dentist near you? We are conveniently located in the Atlanta Metropolitan area, serving patients in Sandy Springs as well as in the surrounding areas of East Cobb, Roswell, Dunwoody, and Brookhaven.