Are you considering cosmetic dentistry to improve the appearance of your smile? Interested in knowing what your smile may look like before you take the plunge?
At Boutique for Cosmetic Dentistry, we understand the important role your smile plays in your daily life and are proud to be one of the few offices in the Atlanta area to offer digital smile design.
Digital Smile Design is an innovative dental treatment planning tool that allows your dentist to plan your cosmetic dentistry treatment carefully, show you their vision, and predict treatment success. 3D images are taken of your entire smile prior to being uploaded into special design software.
From there, our dentists in Sandy Springs can use various tools to modify your smile, showing you exactly what it could look like if you undergo treatment. Through physical mock-ups that you can try on, photographs, and videos, digital smile design allows you to get a better idea of your new smile.
The entire process for Digital Smile Design is actually quite simple. Our dental office in Sandy Springs will first take 3D photos and videos of your entire mouth utilizing intraoral scanners. The data is then imported into our design software. Once imported, we are then able to modify and perfect the appearance of your smile. We will also take a series of photographs and videos of you talking, smiling, and laughing to assist us in our design.
With our guidance, you will be the co-author of your smile! We invite you to be involved in the smile design process.
Digital Smile Design uses six steps to get you to your desired smile:
1. Treatment begins with the dentist capturing digital photographs of your teeth and smile as you are now.
2. A video is then taken of you smiling and talking to show how your smile and speech affects the appearance of your teeth. Seeing yourself from this new angle will help you to decide on the right results.
3. Smile design analysis is then carried out with the end product in mind. Different solutions from dentistry will be combined to determine the best cosmetic journey to get your desired smile, and ceramists, dental technicians and specialists will all advise on the treatments that can get you there.
4. You will then be shown how your final smile will look and mockups will be made to show you the final outcome. You can then make any final tweaks to elements such as tooth length or color and shape.
5. The final design is then completed and agreed and costs and duration are calculated to ensure you are happy to proceed. You will then be provided with all of the relevant information you need to know about the pending treatments.
6. After treatment, you can enjoy predictable results and will be able to enjoy the smile that you chose in the planning stage.
If you are interested in learning more, simply schedule a consultation with our team.